- Ten Things Your Weather Forecaster Won't Tell You
Ten Things Your Weather Forecaster Won't Tell You
The August 2009 issue of SmartMoney Magazine (http://www.smartmoney.com/smartmoney-magazine/?issue=2009-08) featured an article called 10 Things Your Weather Forecaster Won't Tell You" _. It was a well-researched article with a number of good points. The ten things are:
* "Long-term forecast? Your guess is as good as ours."
* "We’re pretty accurate—as long as the sun is shining."
* "We’re often more show biz than science."
* "Our high-tech gizmos do everything but predict weather."
* "Want the temperature? Don’t ask the National Weather Service."
* "Weather is big business."
* "Bad weather means big ratings..."
* "...and it’s always bad during sweeps week."
* "Accuracy? Who cares."
* "Weather is recessionproof."
ForecastAdvisor is mentioned prominently. It's a very good article and definitely worth the time to read.
..  http://www.smartmoney.com/spending/rip-offs/10-things-your-weather-forecaster-won-t-tell-you/?page=all