Ten Things Your Weather Forecaster Won't Tell You
The August 2009 issue of SmartMoney Magazine (http://www.smartmoney.com/smartmoney-magazine/?issue=2009-08) featured an article called 10 Things Your Weather Forecaster Won't Tell You" . It was a well-researched article with a number of good points. The ten things are:
- "Long-term forecast? Your guess is as good as ours."
- "We’re pretty accurate—as long as the sun is shining."
- "We’re often more show biz than science."
- "Our high-tech gizmos do everything but predict weather."
- "Want the temperature? Don’t ask the National Weather Service."
- "Weather is big business."
- "Bad weather means big ratings..."
- "...and it’s always bad during sweeps week."
- "Accuracy? Who cares."
- "Weather is recessionproof."
ForecastAdvisor is mentioned prominently. It's a very good article and definitely worth the time to read.