b. What information we collect and how we use it:
Information we collect – When you browse the Sites and do not interact for any online service or product from Intellovations, we do not collect personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, phone number and e-mail address.
When you become a registered user on our Sites or provide personally identifying information on our Sites, such as purchasing an Intellovations product, applying for Intellovations Site Access, submitting questions or comments or requesting information or materials, we will retain certain personal information from you. The type of personal information collected will vary but may include name, address, phone number, birth date, billing and delivery information, e-mail address, credit card or other financial account information and other demographic information. The type of information you provide will determine the personal information that is collected.
- "Cookies" are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future.
- A unique number called an IP address identifies every computer on the Internet. Each time you connect to the Internet your machine is assigned an IP address. An IP address is a number that identifies each sender or receiver of information that is sent in packets across the Internet.
- “Tags” refer to scripts that are used to track a visitor’s activity on our Sites by web analytics software. A visitor’s activity is anonymous if he/she is not logged in. If she/he has logged in using their username and password, additional information is passed through these tags. Tags are used for, but not limited to, determining effectiveness of the Sites design, information architecture, and consumption of information and services provided via the Sites.
How we use personal information – Once collected, we may use your personal information (except for e-mail address, which is described below) for the following purposes:
- Register you for services you have requested
- Process, fulfill and follow up on your orders
- Answer your e-mails or on-line requests
- Send information that you requested
- Ensure the Sites are relevant to your needs
- Communicate general substantive information about Intellovations
- Notify you about new products/services special offers, upgrades and other related information from Intellovations and other approved third parties.
E-mail Policy – Your e-mail address will only be used within Intellovations and its entities. We do not sell or rent e-mail addresses to anyone outside Intellovations. For some e-mail messages distributed by Intellovations and its entities, specific information on recipient response is collected. For example, we sometimes review how many recipients open and subsequently choose to click through to links provided in an e-mail message. We use this information only for the purposes of analyzing areas of interest, improving our products and enhancing the usefulness of our Sites for Intellovations members and other visitors. None of this information is sold or distributed outside of Intellovations in any manner.
How To Manage the Communications You Receive By E-mail – You c Intellovations an manage your E-mail preferences, including opting out by email or by calling Intellovations.
With whom we may share information – Intellovations occasionally hires other companies to provide limited services on our behalf including, but not limited to, answering customer questions about products or services, consulting services, data modeling, printing, and sending postal mail. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service. Intellovations may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process served on Intellovations; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Intellovations; or (c) protect the personal safety of Intellovations personnel or members of the public in urgent circumstances.
We do not knowingly solicit data online from or market online to children under the age of 13.
d. Information security
Intellovations implements commercially reasonable security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. We restrict access to personal information to Intellovations’ business partners who may need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
e. User ID and password
The Site requires the use of a user ID, email address and password as an additional security measure that helps protect your information.
When you have finished using a secure area of a Site, make sure you always click on the "Sign Out" link which appears on every secure page. When you click on the "Sign Out" link, your secured session will end. No further secure transactions can be conducted without re-entering your user ID and password. You should be aware that browser software often "caches" a page as you look at it, meaning that some pages are saved in your computer's temporary memory. Therefore, you may find that clicking on your "Back" button shows you a saved version of a previously viewed page. Caching in no way affects the security of your confidential user ID or password.
f. No guarantee
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, and despite our efforts, Intellovations cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, or to or from our online products or services.
g. Linking to other Internet sites
h. How you can access and change information
If you are a registered user of the Site, or purchaser of Intellovations products and services, you may review and update/correct your information by contacting Intellovations.
Last updated March 7, 2011